October 21st, 1AM - 5PM
Miraloma Park Improvement Club
350 O’Shaughnessy Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94127
To take advantage of the Winter rains, Fall is the time for planting! The Yerba Buena Native Plant Sale is an opportunity to find a variety of native species that aren’t readily available at garden centers. Our focus and offerings, as always, will be native plants local to our chapter area: San Francisco and northern San Mateo County, including Montara and San Bruno Mountains. These are the species already adapted to our area’s climate, soil, and habitats - and are also import to our local wildlife.
Growing locally native plants in your garden is an important way to:
- Attract pollinators, including native bees, butterflies, moths, birds andfor your pleasure and their benefit
- Provide for endangered species, such as by growing host and nectar plants for the Green Hairstreak butterfly
- Enhance corridors for native wildlife
- Use less water (thereby less energy pumping that water)
- Save money on utility bills
- Reduce the use of fertilizers and pesticides
- Have a beautiful, colorful, lively garden
- Inspire your neighbors to do the same!
Free Parking, and the 44-O’Shaughnessy Muni bus stops out front. check out our new website: http://cnps-yerbabuena.org